Sunday, October 2, 2011

TC 10 Mile 2011

Can you find a cuter fan club?
I looked for 10 miles and I can assure you...this is the best there is!

Mile 5 is at the top of a long gradual hill that stretches for most of mile 4...I really needed an extra push and there they were. I can't explain the importance of having people cheering for you...give you something to look forward to. We always loved to watch the races and cheer...the kids have really loved it too...just in the last 2 years have I been a runner in the 10 mile. I love that my kids get to experience the fun of seeing sports up close and personal.


400 yards from the 10 mile finish line...

Grandma Jo came out to cheer me on too...she rocks!
Zach thought it was great that I got a metal like he gets in sports.
The race starts at the metrodome and ends at the Capital. Such a beautiful fall day...perfect weather at start it was 44 degrees.
My goal was to beat my 2010 time (1:22:24) which I have been worried about given my year of feet issues...but I did it!! Really proud of myself!
10 Mile 1:18:59
Overall Place: 1101 out of 7548
Gender Place: 313 out of 4631
Age Group (F30-34): 70 out of 988

No comments: