Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hawk Family High to Low...Happy to Sad times

In the course of one week, my family had 2 really high moments
that were ended with one "larger than life" sad event.



Last Saturday, my uncle Babe was inducted into the Baker University Athletic Hall of Fame for his strong basketball career. Here are some of the pictures (from the cameras of my aunts). Tuesday, my Grandma turned 94 years young. As I tell her, she is an inspiration and such an important person in my life. I love our weekly chats. Here is a picture of her that Larry sent me on her birthday and then a picture of us in August celebrating my birthday. 94 years so good on you, my pretty Grandma!! Thursday, my uncle Babe went to heaven after a sudden heart attack (aortic aneurysm)...ending this week in deep shock & sadness. My family did a nice job writing up the man he was in the obituary: http://hedgesscottfuneralhomes.com/Obits/addprod.asp?productid=1342

My Dad's siblings...Larry, Mel, Dad, Lois & Babe in St. Louis last month.


We will miss you Uncle Babe!

1 comment:

petitefeetphotography said...

life is so amazing and so fleeting. I am so sorry you lost such an wonderful person in your life.
jenni