Thursday, March 29, 2012

NYC work trip

For work, I had to go to NYC but I ended up on an earlier flight than my team so I decided to give myself a running tour of the city. I haven't been there since 2004 and that was a quick work trip...so I was only there once to sight see in November 2000. So it was great to get to explore without the snow. Stopped along the way to take pics on my phone...enjoy:) Started at Battery park where the Staten Island Ferry departs and tours depart to see Lady Liberty up close. Then up along west side of the island where you can see Hoboken across the water.
Then through Soho down towards hotel, when I saw the signs for the Brooklyn Bridge...so I decided why not run across it too before heading back. Such a fun time! Tuesday night, we went to the NIT semi-finals at Madison Square Gardens. (UMass vs. Stanford) and (U of Washington vs. Minnesota) so cool and great to see Goldy Gopher!!
Wednesday was full of meetings but that night we went to dinner in Times Square then out where Caroline met up with us!! It was so great to see her!! The place we went to had a patio on the top floor which is where we were...pretty sweet view huh. You can see the Chrysler Building behind us.

No comments: