Thursday, November 17, 2011

Home Remodel begins...

For me it was love at first sight with our house, by the end of our day of looking (back in March 2005) Andy also agreed it was great. In 2007, we bumped out the back to make our tiny walkway of a kitchen into a great kitchen and mudroom. We have always known we would do more in time to get the kids off the main level. The time has come! On Tuesday, the construction began. They will be removing all the existing space/walls upstairs (2 bedrooms, bath and office)...raising the roof 2 feet at the highest point to have 3 bedrooms, laundry room, kids bath and master bath. The main level will be impacted as well so we have moved to EP to live with my MN family until mid February when its complete. I have put so much time into this remodel, so I know that I will still love it and it will retain some of the key things I love about old homes...but still a little part of me will miss the way our house looked. More pics to come in time...right now its just gutted on the inside. The roof goes off on Monday and should be up and look totally different by Wednesday. Crazy times!

No comments: