Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mommy takes DC

DC trip to see Megan & Josh and Baby Jacob...but before that I got a chance to do some other activities with Caroline (who now lives in NYC but her parents live in DC too!)We met up with some of my Sigma Kappa sisters at a DC KU Bar. Rock Chalk Baby! Alex, Sarah & Koren

Caroline & I ran the National Half Marathon (before the race...at mile 1--the first time)
Though I was hit by H1N1 this week, I was determine to do this race...it was the hardest run in my life (actually just the last 5 miles)...but I did it. Not my personal best, but complete!! 2:04

The run was amazing as we ran "through history" as we ran down all the famous streets of DC seeing so many sites...to name a few: White House, US Capital, Lincoln Memorial, Dupont Circle. The craziest part was they closed the streets so early that we got out of the car to find we were at mile marker #1 and the race started in 20 minutes. So we had to run a mile, drop off our stuff, get in line and run 13.1 more. We got to Mile 1 (again), Caroline & I looked at each other and said weren't we just here. there...my Mom & her awesome sign were at mile 3, 6 and the finish.
Sarah & Alex also came out to cheer at mile 1 and 10. Thanks so much! After the race: Koren, Caroline, Colleen (Caroline's friend)
Showered and Cleaned up...Me & Miss Caroline. I miss her so much and loved getting to see her!!

No comments: