Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Run Mommy Run!

will add more pics later...many are on other camera...
Sunday (6/6) Mommy ran the Mpls Half Marathon
Mommy & her number 1 fans after the race!
Andy, Grandma Jo, Zach & Molly were at mile 9 cheering...just what I needed.

My goal was to finish in 2 hours...and not walk. I wasn't completely sure this was achievable...but I did it! And beat it! I was really proud of myself. I ran for my little friend Grant, his strength got me through it. I was happy to know that he knew I was running for him and how much we love him. He lost is battle to brain cancer later that same day. This one wasn't for me...it was for my friend who couldn't run and play anymore...now he can...but is so missed!!

Here are my stats:
1:59:07
407 of 2206 females
86 of 417 Female 30-39 age group
919 of 3369 total half marathoner
6000 people ran the marathon between the whole and half

No comments: